Stephan L. Sheets, Managing Partner
Stephan L. Sheets is the founder and managing partner. He has been the City Attorney for the City of Round Rock, Texas since 1977 during which time the population of Round Rock has grown from 5,000 citizens to over 100,000. His experience representing the City of Round Rock for more than 40 years has provided him with the expertise in municipal and local government law that is unmatched in the central Texas area.
Steve’s primary practice is in the area of local government law.
In addition to providing counsel and advice to the City of Round Rock on every aspect of municipal law, Steve has negotiated the incentive agreement with Dell Computer Corporation which brought the company to Round Rock. Steve also negotiated agreements with Sears, Simon Property Group, IKEA, Texas State University, Texas A&M, Austin Community College, Scott & White hospital, Seton hospital, Bass Pro Shop, and Kalahari Resorts.
He was also instrumental in negotiating an agreement with Nolan Ryan and his family that resulted in Round Rock having a Triple A minor league team, the Round Rock Express.
In 2008, Steve was one of the first attorneys in the state to receive the “Individual Civil Law Merit Certification in Municipal Law” from the Texas City Attorneys Association. Sheets & Crossfield is one of the few law firms to also receive the TCAA “Merit Certification of Legal Office in Municipal Law.” He has also attained an AV Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell ® for 10 years.
Steve is licensed to practice law before all Texas state courts, as well as the Federal Courts of the Western District of Texas. He has served as a member of District 8C Grievance Committee for the State Bar of Texas and served as Chairman of District 8C from 2006 to 2008.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- Williamson County Bar Association (Past President, 1979)
- Texas City Attorneys Association
- International Municipal Lawyers Association
- Round Rock Chamber of Commerce
- Board Member, American Heart Association, Capital Area Div.
- Board Member, American Cancer Society
- Board Member, Central Texas Chapter of March of Dimes
- State Bar of Texas
Professional Awards and Honors
- Merit Certification in Municipal Law, Texas City Attorneys Association (2008)
- AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell ® for 10 years
Steve’s assistant is Rose McMillin, email@example.com.
309 E. Main Street
Round Rock, TX 78664
Phone: (512) 255-8877