Charles (Charlie) D. Crossfield, Partner
Charles D. Crossfield, a partner in the firm, has over 20 years’ experience in municipal law and has represented Williamson County, Texas for 30 years. Charlie’s expertise in right-of-way acquisition has involved him in literally hundreds of eminent domain cases over the years with roughly 20-30 of those matters per year going to the administrative level of the Special Commissioners Hearings. In all cases, the matters have been resolved with the city and county acquiring the land and a settlement price being reached between the parties.
Charlie’s practice involves:
- Right-of-way acquisition
- Condemnation law
- Governmental law
- Real estate development
During Charlie’s representation of Williamson County and the City of Round Rock, he has been instrumental in:
- Acquiring right-of-way for all major highways in Williamson County for the past 25 years
- Drafting Chapter 380 of the local government code and legislation that enabled Dell Computer and Lakeline Mall to locate in Williamson County
As the representative of national retail developers, Charlie drafted and negotiated Development Agreements and alternative zoning to bring Wolf Ranch Retail Center to Georgetown and the national retail chain, Cabela’s, to Buda.
In addition, Charlie has had extensive dealings and negotiations with LCRA on behalf of his clients in the areas of securing water contracts, water quality, non-point source pollution, and the LCRA Watershed ordinance. He has also worked for and with the Williamson County Conservation Foundation, an entity tasked with the protection of three endangered species in the Williamson County area through the establishment of preserve areas and mitigation bank.
Charlie has attained an AV Peer Review Rating by Martindale-Hubbell ® for 10 years.
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, Western New England College School of Law, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Bachelor of Arts, Knox College, Galesburg, Illinois
Additional Professional Experience
- City Attorney, City of Elgin
- City Attorney, City of Smithville
- Counsel to Upper Brushy Creek Water Control Improvement District (WCID)
- Assistant County Attorney, Williamson County
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Texas City Attorneys Association
Awards and Honors
- Merit Certification in Municipal Law, Texas City Attorneys Association (2008)
- AV ® rating by Martindale-Hubbell for 10 years
Charlie’s assistants are: Lisa Dworaczyk, firstname.lastname@example.org and Terri Woodmancy, email@example.com.
309 E. Main Street
Round Rock, TX 78664
Phone: (512) 255-8877